Trigger Mortis

Lauren
Total Posts:  19
Joined  10-04-2015

03 July 2015 16:51

I thought I’d kick off this topic by asking what everyone thinks of Anthony writing the new James Bond book?

Anthony has written it in the style of Ian Fleming, so it won’t sound quite like an Anthony Horowitz original - but considering Fleming’s work had a huge part to play in inspiring Alex Rider, could this be a good book for the first generation of Alex Rider readers who are now in their 20’s and 30’s?

CeenCat
Total Posts:  6
Joined  11-07-2015

11 July 2015 20:25

I am really excited for the new James Bond book. I really liked the Sherlock Holmes novels, and felt like they were tailored for my generation - those who grew up reading Alex Rider (and still do smile). I really felt that he took into account his target audience, and that we weren’t forgotten! Even the Sherlock Holmes books had a much different tone than the Alex Rider series, but I still enjoyed them very much.

I hope the new book blows everyone away because the people I’ve talked to seem to think Anthony Horowitz was an odd choice. But we all know otherwise.

AlanTong
Total Posts:  1
Joined  12-07-2015

12 July 2015 10:27

Just finished reading a proof copy of Trigger Mortis & wanted to say thank you to Anthony for a great book. 

Its the best of the continuation novels to date.  The use of Fleming material from “Murder on Wheels” works well and then flows on to the rest of the plot.  This creates a nice sense of the ownership of the Bond character being handed over from Fleming to Horowitz.  It appears that the Fleming legacy is in safe hands & I hope there will be more period novels in the future. 

Thanks again
Alan

Jerryg
Joined  01-09-2015

01 September 2015 20:47

I think it’s great he’s writing the next James Bond novel. I also commend him speaking the truth about Mr. Elba not being suave enough to play James. First Mr. Elba is black no i’m not a racist i have personal friends that are black. Ian Flemming’s James Bond was white and out of respect for Mr . Flemming James Bond should remain white. If Anthony is going to write follow ups to Ian’s novels he has an obligation to Mr. Flemming and being a man of integrity i’m sure he will honor them. No not using a black man won’t be racist except to the racists.

JMichael
Total Posts:  3
Joined  01-09-2015

01 September 2015 23:44

I look forward to reading Trigger Mortis.  Could the Production Assistant to Mr. Horowitz ask him if he is familiar with the actor Gabriel Macht. I think he would make a great James Bond.  He is currently in his 5th season of a USA network series “Suits”. He plays a suave , hard ball attorney. There is something about him which reeks 007.
He coincidentally was in a 2005 TV movie “Archangel” with Daniel Craig…………just an idea.
Thanks,

http://www.google.com.mx/imgres?imgurl=https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/453541815879094272/_Czb5Q1p.jpeg&imgrefurl=https://twitter.com/gabrielmacht&h=1252&w=1252&tbnid=mIgozQ1SJY2ZmM:&tbnh=186&tbnw=186&usg=__odoc5wuDxHEqYwbiJ3o_fjq9670=&docid=W_WiqfmJEwgS3M&itg=1

JMichael
Joined  01-09-2015

09 September 2015 15:32

I am anxious to read Trigger Mortis. I pre-ordered it on my Nook. It shows that I have paid for it, but it is still not available, just shows pre-order. My Nook won’t allow me to download it.  I thought that the release date was Sept. 8th.  Is anyone else having this problem?

JMichael
Joined  01-09-2015

09 September 2015 17:05

Nook corrected the problem. Trigger Mortis is downloaded. thanks

KeithDeSpain

KeithDeSpain
Joined  23-09-2015

23 September 2015 16:59

I have been an avid James Bond (character) fan since I was 8 years old, some 50 years ago.  I have collected all the books and short stories, approximately 60. written by the major Bond authors, as well as all the Bond movies.  I just finished reading Trigger Mortis and loved it.  Since Bond was created in the 1950’s, it was great to read that Anthony Horowitz is continuing in the same time frame.  Mr. Horowitz:  Please continue the character line as it was meant to be.  I am looking forward to when the next book comes out as I seem to never get enough of Bond, James Bond.

StevieB
Joined  06-02-2016

06 February 2016 13:54

Im just reading the Triggermortis novel now and, sadly, Im rather displeased with something. Years ago, in Goldfinger, a woman was painted gold and left to die from it. In those days we knew no better, but now we know YOU CANNOT SUFFOCATE just by being painted gold all over…..........you may get some kind of poisoning which wont do you a lot of good, but you CANNOT SUFFOCATE because you actually breathe through your mouth and nose….......Im so dissapointed that Horowitz fell into this trap. It is going to colour the remainder of my reading of this novel. It doesnt take much effort to google it.

bnmjeff
Joined  21-07-2016

21 July 2016 14:57

It’s true that the medical information is current and accurate , but in keeping with the stories frame of reference and keeping the information available to all the characters in the novel consistent with that time frame, he was correct in not using modern medical knowledge. It would be akin to Bond filling up with unleaded gas..we now know it’s better, but it wasn’t know in the time frame of the novel…