Poll: Would you welcome another season of Foyle's War?

Absolutely!

No way, it’s over!

More Foyle Please

Gracie b
Total Posts:  1
Joined  08-09-2015

08 September 2015 05:05

Dear Mr. Horowitz,

I and several million other people would not complain if you choose to give us another season of Foyle’s war. The series is incredibly well made, well written, and Michael Kitchen does an awesome job…as does the whole cast. I wish we knew what happened to Mr. Foyle.  I feel like we don’t know what actually became of him. He is such a lovable character.  Anyway, for what it’s worth I just wanted to say thanks for giving us 8 great seasons and if you want to give us more we would be grateful!

Mountaineer

Mountaineer
Total Posts:  2
Joined  05-11-2015

05 November 2015 16:20

I agree whole-heartedly with Gracie b that this series should be continued.  It is simply one of the best-written and well-acted series ever.  The moral ambiguities that Mr. Horowitz presents are worthy of Divinity School debate.  Because there are no more episodes I am going through the old ones from the beginning and I enjoy them almost as much as I did the first time.  I also think I uncovered the answer to one of the most nagging questions I had from the series - i.e., why did Foyle go to America immediately following the war?  I believe the answer comes from the episode Fifty Ships, whereby Foyle vows to have American Howard Paige brought to justice.  I would be very interested to hear Mr. Horowitz’ reply to this hypothesis.  An episode devoted to Mr. Foyle’s time in America would be even better.

Lauren
Total Posts:  19
Joined  10-04-2015

06 January 2016 16:15

Hi Gracie b and Mountaineer,

Thank you so much for your kind words about the Foyle’s War series. Sadly, there are no plans to continue with the series. However, Anthony has written a new TV series called NEW BLOOD for the BBC which will be airing this year. He is also working on another series of COLLISION in the USA this year, although we are uncertain when this will be shown yet.

Lauren