Total Posts:  48
Joined  08-06-2015

11 July 2015 20:00

Nazzy!!! Hai!!! How’s it hanging??

CeenCat
Total Posts:  6
Joined  11-07-2015

11 July 2015 20:05

I’m great, how about you?? I’m so happy to see so many familiar faces :D.

Oh, and I finally have a profile picture since all we have to do is upload one now!

Out of curiosity, how many of you have met Anthony Horowitz at a book signing or otherwise? I’m waiting for him to tour around America after Trigger Mortis is released. Fingers crossed he’ll stop by the East coast.

Rocket
Joined  08-06-2015

11 July 2015 20:24

I’m good thank you! I’m a bit stressed as I’ve started my uni applications, and results day is in a few weeks, and I’m slightly stressed about the fact that I have no control whatsoever over them!!!

I’ve met Anthony once, and had my books signed twice by him! He’s so cool. I met him when I was, like, 8 though haha. I hope he stops over at the shop that I work at. It would be insanely cool. I’ve actually had daydreams about it hahaha.

CeenCat
Total Posts:  6
Joined  11-07-2015

11 July 2015 20:37

Oh, I was in that same position last year - although I left my applications to the last second and paid for it later. It seems late to hear back from unis though, isn’t it normally in March? Or is different in the UK?

That’s awesome! I have this grungy Stormbreaker paperback that was the first AH book I read, which I would love to get signed. I read somewhere in an old interview maybe, that he enjoys signing books that look well-used, as opposed to new ones.

It’s a quiet summer here,  and I’m trying not to feel guilty about doing absolutely nothing smile

Rocket
Joined  08-06-2015

11 July 2015 21:12

We can get offers for uni anytime from November to August… it’s quite nerve wracking really.

I have so much work to do this summer!!!! It’s crazy.

Rocket
Joined  08-06-2015

13 July 2015 16:49

Omg Anthony is coming to Manchester?!?! I need tickets for this asap!

Thank you for letting us know!

I’ve just checked it out I am beyond excited!

How is everyone today?  What’s everyone’s plans for the summer?

Schadenfreude

Schadenfreude
Total Posts:  10
Joined  28-06-2015

15 July 2015 10:48

Rocket - 13 July 2015 04:49 PM

How is everyone today?  What’s everyone’s plans for the summer?

Ahahaha, summer.

I’m just going to sit here shivering while we in the southern hemisphere go through the pinnacle of winter, and closer to home we just had the coldest Melbourne day on record in the last two years or so.

The east coast of Australia’s in the middle of a cold front at the moment. I think the worst part is that it’s cold, but it’s not raining much, so we’re not only suffering a cold winter, but we’re in for a dry summer as well. Drought, here we come.

Rocket
Joined  08-06-2015

15 July 2015 17:05

How cold is it?

I actually prefer it when it’s cold but dry.

Schadenfreude

Schadenfreude
Joined  28-06-2015

15 July 2015 23:56

It’s not that cold, relatively, but it’s colder than I’m used to. Like, it’s only supposed to reach 13 degrees today, and while that means I can get away with just a shirt and hoodie, it’s still cold for Melbourne.

Personally, I prefer cold but dry weather too, but it’s better all around when it does rain a lot this time of year. Otherwise our water catchments get screwed over, and our summers become that much more difficult to handle in the long run.

Rocket
Joined  08-06-2015

16 July 2015 18:34

13 degrees is my optimum temperature. I really like it. I also like 17 degrees with wind.

Pedro_ologist

Pedro_ologist
Total Posts:  4
Joined  09-06-2015

16 July 2015 22:51

How can you survive with 17 degrees! That is so cold! That is jumper temperature.

I’ve been in London the last 2 weeks (I’ve got another 4 weeks to go as well, yay) and half the time I’ve been wearing a jumper. I know Australia is having a cold spell at the moment, but the temperatures here are not much warmer than Perth in the middle of winter! Although it is a lot less dry and more muggy in London than it gets in Perth - so the heat does feel different…

How is everyone doing these days though? What are people up to?

Schadenfreude

Schadenfreude
Joined  28-06-2015

17 July 2015 00:22

It’s a very cold spell. I’ve been sleeping with three doonas and the a/c set at 25 degrees at the moment, in an effort to ward off the 4 degrees and lower nights we’ve been having.

Anyway, as to what I’ve been up to, I finally finished all the units in my course last semester! Newly qualified jeweller right here. I’ve been putting together a functional workroom for myself, and I’m excited to get out and start making my own stuff to sell.

Rocket
Joined  08-06-2015

17 July 2015 07:58

Pedro,  how are you liking the summer school?

Oooh and freudence, that’s awesome!  How long have you been doing the course?  Are you selling online or just locally?

As for me,  I have been doing some work experience in a museum and also a lot of reading in prep for next year haha

Schadenfreude

Schadenfreude
Joined  28-06-2015

17 July 2015 08:40

I started the course in Feb 2012, but then I broke my knee and had to repeat that year, so all up it’s taken me three and half years to finish what should’ve been a two year course. I’m just glad it’s done at this point.

Anyway, eventually I’d like to have online commissions be a thing, but I haven’t even started selling locally yet. It’s slow going, setting up a business.

Work experience in a museum sounds awesome though! I’ve always loved museums, them and art galleries are among my favourite destinations. What does work experience there entail?

ZhiannaGregorovich

ZhiannaGregorovich
Total Posts:  9
Joined  14-08-2015

14 August 2015 17:37

-peaks in and looks around- well hello loves.
How’s everyone been